Published on 08/17/2013
Today, we’re glad to push out quite a few changes that have been suggested!
You can now import giving from a CSV file. This makes it much easier to transfer in giving from PayPal and online giving services like EasyTithe and SimpleGive. This also means that new customers will most likely not have to to pay us to import their data, they can do it themselves!
- To get started importing giving, go to Utilities > Import Giving. Note: you must have the “input batch giving” permission to use this tool.
- Choose your comma separated value (CSV) file, and enter the column headers for each of the required columns. Click, “Next”.
- Review the proposed import:
- We attempt to match the first and last name given to names in the system. However, if we can’t you will need to use the search box to choose an existing person, or choose the “Anonymous” person. Once you fix one name, if there are other entries with that same name, you’ll be given the option to automatically update all of them.
- We also try to match the giving category in the import with the ones you already have in the system. However, if there isn’t a match, you will need to manually choose, and, once again, you’ll be given the option to update all.
- If the date isn’t in a format we can understand, you’ll be asked to enter one.
- Once you’ve satisfied with the proposed import, click “Save”.
- You’re done!
The import will correctly group entries for people who have chosen to have their giving grouped under their primary family member.
Configurable Text Fields
There are now 15 custom text fields. This is up from 8 before. And remember, you can search on all of them by using the Advanced Search tool.
Selectively Choose Mass Contact Recipients
Now, when sending a mass email/voice/sms, you can choose which of the group members will receive the communication.
Groups Have Descriptions
You can now set a description for a group on the edit page, and it will display on the group’s member list. There is also an edit link for the group in the options pane.
Attendance Search Entry Mode
Now, when entering attendance, you can search for people in that group using the auto-completing search field, and select a person to make them present. Hit “tab”, “enter”, or click to select the person.
Mobile Web: Assign Interactions and Add Visitors to Attendance
You can now assign interactions from the mobile web version, and you can also add visitors to a session.
- Group categories can now be edited/deleted.
- An issue possibly affecting choosing a child check-in station was fixed.